Susan D. Menke
Houston Business Journal's
- Susan Menke was born in Cuero, Texas
- She was raised in Rockport, Texas and later moved to East Texas where she graduated from Longview High School.
- She graduated from Stephen F. Austin State University with a Bachelor of Science Degree.
- Upon graduation, she moved to Houston where she taught elementary school for four and one-half years.
- While teaching school, she leased apartments for Gary Levering on Saturdays. It was Mr. Levering who encouraged her to go back to school and earn her real estate license.
- Ms. Menke began her real estate career, working for Vince Vallone and later, for R.T. Marshall.
- She later formed her own company, “Susan Menke Real Estate.”
- During her career, she worked as Director of Real Estate for Oshman’s Sporting Goods, where she traveled the United States negotiating leases on behalf of Oshman’s. Oshman’s was a Houston based public company which was later sold to Sports Authority.
- Over the course of her career, she represented the Honorable Robert A. Mosbacher, former U.S. Secretary of Commerce, under the Bush administration, for 21 years.
- Ms. Menke represented Jerold Springer and Don Riddle for a period of 10 years, buying and selling investment land.
- Other clients included Newland Communities, Terrabrook, Trendmaker, Ryland Homes, MI Homes, Beazer Homes, Landmark Industries, Ellis Management, Hettig Kahn Companies, Friendswood Development, Ersa Grae Corporation, Centex, Avanti Properties Group, Centrefund of Canada, Land Tejas, Regent Properties, Lovett Commercial, Fidelis Realty, Levcor, John Beeson, Doug Pitcock, and local, national and international investors looking for opportunities in Houston.
- Ms. Menke is especially proud to have represented Ron Henriksen in his purchase of 2,000 acres for The Houston Executive Airport.